Saturday 7 April 2007

Not happy

In hindsight I should have realised that the clock reseting itself twice was a bad sign...

After parking up on Friday night I gave the bike a good look over, including setting the clock. Saturday morning, while preparing for a run to a very nice cafe near Loch Lomond I was trying to work out how the various dashboard displays worked when I thought I reset the clock - in hindsight I think it was a cry for help from a dying battery, as, after filling up with petrol, the display went a little odd, the trip counters reset and, worst of all, the starter motor wouldn't turn.

OK, so now I'm annoyed. This is the bike that has been in my ownership for less than eighteen hours. I managed to get the bke going after coasting it down a short slope, dropped Mrs Gerbil off at the house and then carried on up to Perth for a new battery. But bang goes the trip round the bonnie bonnnie banks. We stil managed a trip to Callendar which was quite pleasant, and the bike was flawless all the way. I had to filter a bit through the bank holiday traffic and I was surprised how nimble it was. For a big bike it is still quite narrow. Stil think the electric screen is a bit of a gimmick.

Miles so far 000202

No comments: